Hey guys! It finally starting to warm up here in Ohio! I hope you are having nice weather and you are using it to your advantage! I am going to share a couple of easy workouts you can do in this nice weather (and if you aren’t having nice weather… sorry..). Now I don’t do these workouts anymore because I have a training plan for track and cross country (and I am not going to have you guys do that because I don’t think you will want to run 40 miles or more a week). I am also no professional – I am a student learning about this currently but I am doing research on my workouts I make for you guys. I will put two different types – modified and normal. I recommend trying the normal first and if it is too challenging than try the modified. This post is just to get you back into the rhythm of working out again! I will post harder workouts in the upcoming weeks and tutorials to go with them!
- Go on a comfortable run for about 15-20 minutes – 2 to 4 days a week
- You can also ride your bike as well if you need to give your feet a break
- Go for a fast pace walk for about 30 to 40 minutes – 2 to 4 days a week
- You can also ride your bike as well
- Do 20 to 25 push ups a day. I know, I hate push ups too… but I use to do them either before I go to bed or when I would wake up.
- Do 3 sets of 20 bench dips (Tricep dips)
- Do 3 sets of 15 lateral plank walks
- Do 3 sets of 12 jump squats
- Do 3 sets of 10 walking lunges per a leg
- Do 2 sets of 15 calf raises (these are great to do while you are brushing your teeth at night or in the morning… I do NOT recommend doing this before you run or do cardio because your legs will be tired)
- Do 3 sets of 12 body weight squats
- Do 3 sets of 10 stationary or walking lunges per a leg
- Do 3 sets of 10 calf raises
- Do 2-3 sets of 12 fire hydrants
- Do 2-3 sets of 10 hip bridges
- 3 sets of 20 sit ups
- 3 sets of 15 leg raises
- 3 sets of 12 bicycle kicks
- 3 sets of 10 mountain climbers
- 3 sets of 15 crunches
- 2 x 30sec russian twists at your own pace
- 2 x 30 sec plank
- 3 sets of 10 bicycle kicks
I would do cardio before any lifting! I will also be posting soon about how to start running for those who want to pick up running to stay in shape!
I hope you all have a fabulous week. Mine will be full of studying for finals!
Summer is so close!
Let me know what you think in the comments!